Tuesday, 12 October 2010

All Dressed Up . . .

. . . and nowhere to go!
My friend let me play with some of her fabulous Oxford Impression stamps and I chose to make a card with this one from April in Paris. I'm calling her Maud (I've no idea why it just seems to fit, lol).  She has got herself all dressed up and is waiting for her lover to come and take her out.  It looks like she has been waiting a long time, I hope he turns up as I think she looks resigned to the fact that she has been stood up.
The card base is made from sparkly cream card that I got from The Paper Mill. The DP is from a 6x6 K&Co Pad called Life's Journey.  I added 2 strips of the sparkly card top and bottom of the card then a strip of green card punched with my Martha Stewart Zigzag punch and then topped it off with some lovely cotton lace.  The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals, and the flowers are from Wild Orchid.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
The Stampsmith - Getting All Dressed Up

10 comments:

Vicki Romaine said...

How pretty! i love all the lace. Thanks for being a part of my 1st challenge. I will pick the winner by random generator. Yes there will be a small prize for the winner.

stampdiva said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! You might have gathered, from the amount of times I have used her that she is a firm favourite. If you had used a stamp from The Stampsmith you would have been entered for the prize draw. Something to keep in mind for 15th Oct. Love this. Lynne x

Karen McAlpine said...

Lovely. The lace works perfectly with that punch! Great "dressy" image. Thanks for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge Blog.

Julie Mutch said...

Fantastic card, Jack! Love your story behind the image! I kinda feel sad for her now! lol :)
Thanks for playing along with us at The Stampsmith Challenge! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Ann said...

Love this - just popped by to see your Christmas cutie but couldn't resist saying I love this card.
Ann xxx

hazel said...

Beautiful card Jack, love the image and the lace.
xxx Hazel.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully put together - everything 'goes' so perfectly :D

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Jack, this is show stopping! Just love the background paper choice and how the border punch highlights the lace! Thank you so much for joining the Stampsmith Challenge. We hope you'll join us again!
Cheers,
Val :)

Shar said...

Beautiful! I love your combination of elements!

PetraB said...

This is very beautiful, you used such lovely details on your card.