Thursday, 30 September 2010

Witches are not just for Halloween . . .


When I first saw Nimue (this gorgeous image designed by Ei and available from Stitchy Bear) I thought she would make a great birthday card as well as a halloween card, especially as I know quite a few girls I could label as witches, lol.
I coloured her with Distress Inks and decided to give her a warm background as I didn't want her to get cold so I made it by running a wet brush over the card (avoiding Nimue) and then adding colour (Barn Door, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey). Then before it dried I dabbed it with a piece of kitchen roll. The DP is from Pocketful of Posies by DCWV and the sentiment is Penny Black. I then added some shiny green card, ribbon, lots of flowers (Hero Arts Art Flowers) and a little bit of bling (lol) with my Imaginesce i-rock tool.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid - Ribbons and Bows
Fussy and Fancy - Sketch

11 comments:

Jane said...

Strewth! Put some clothes on...that doesn't look a very comfortable broomstick!!! What would the Munchkins say if she flew in to Oz?
XXX

Lin said...

Stunning Jack. You have brought Nimue to life a real treat. I bet Ei will love her.

Lin xx

hazel said...

Great card Jack, I hope she doesn't get too cold.
xxx Hazel.

Sheila said...

Stunning image you got there! So versatile too, Sheila:)X

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation in lovely colours, beautiful design and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

stampdiva said...

Really versatile. In your hands all of those stamps become works of art. Lynne x

trisha too said...

What a great card you've made!

This is what's so great about blog snooping--if I had seen that stamp, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with it, and certainly wouldn't have been able to come up with anything pretty like your card! :)

Cor* said...

You certainly hit a homerun with Ei's image. She must be so pleased! Great background creation and great take on the sketch as well. Fabulous colors. Thanks for getting sketchy with us at Fussy & Fancy !!

Terry said...

This is such a fun card! Great choice for birthdays and birthday suits!!

Rebekah said...

What fabulous work! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage for our bling challenge hugs Rebekah xx
PS I have magnolia blog candy if you are interested
http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com

Teri said...

Fabulous hun! Loving the bling.
Thanks for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x