Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Trick or Treat


I bought this stamp (Ching-chou kuik's Mad Tea Party) from Sweet Pea ages ago and decided it was just what I needed to make a Halloween card (yes I know that's a rabbit - but she IS a witch!). I coloured the image with my usual favourite medium (Distress Inks) then matted and layered it onto black then silver card. The bg papers are from a set by American Traditional Designs (Brights Bundle) and I hand-wrote the sentiments (because I couldn't work out how to print them in white with my computer, Oh I must take a course, lol). The ric-rac is from my stash and I added lots of bling with my new i-rock gem setter. I made the bow myself from some tiny ribbon, the flowers are from my stash and the cute little scary cat is from a bag of mixed charms I bought recently (and seem to be getting through rather quickly, lol).
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Pear Tree Designs - Sketch and Gems
Stamps R Us - Halloween
Polka Doodles - Easel Card

18 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

This image is wonderful Jack. I love how you've colored it.

Hope your Wednesday is going well
Toodles
Erika

clare said...

Such a fab easel card and a great take on our sketch! thanks for joining us @ PTD this week. good luck. x

Sheila said...

What a beautiful image and I love how you coloured it. Fab cat charm too! Sheila:)X

Donna said...

Brillant Easel Card!

Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

Donna x

Susie said...

Great easel card, stunning image and gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week xx

craftybunny said...

Such rich colours.Beautifully coloured image and love how you've echoed the sketch on the base of the card.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Lou said...

Lovely easel card. They are great fun arent they?

Thanks for joining us over at PTD.

Good luck.

Lou x

Laura said...

I love the colors and the image is cute.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, I just LUV this stamp! You did marvelous with it, great!

hazel said...

Great easel card Jack, love the image.
xxx Hazel.

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Terry said...

I think this is a perfect Halloween card and yes, she is a witch. Your coloring and color choices are exquisite! Beautiful!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a sweet card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

craftytrog said...

I'm not a fan of halloween Jack, but I love that rabbit witch! Lol!

stampdiva said...

This is really fun. Lynne x (thanks for telling me my Auld Alliance piece is one of the showcased pieces at Art Creations Friday - I am shocked!!)

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

BondGirl said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining in the polkadoodles challenge

Jenny said...

Such an unusual image! love what you've done with it! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles this week.