Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Tinchy Inchie Hanging

There is an Inchie challenge over at Gingersnap Creations and I thought I'd like to have a go. I haven't made inchies for ages (despite buying a 1" punch especially for the purpose!). I decided to make mine into a reversible hanging. I made some bg card using a favourite colour combination of Brilliance Pearlescent Lime and Pearlescent Lavender ink then for one side stamped out bird images from Clear Art Stamps Bird Notes and childrens faces from Paper Artsy Stagelights 4 (Urban Shots) for the other side. I then mounted my inchies on slightly larger squares of mauve card and hung them with little jump rings from a tiny coat hanger (I must have bought these years ago and only ever used one!!!). Then I decided to make a bead fringe for the bottom to finish it off.

20 comments:

hazel said...

Great Tinchy Inchy Hanging Jack. I love the colour combination of lime and lavender.
xxx Hazel.

Jingle said...

This is so neat! I love that you have them hanging! That is adorable!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Brilliant idea...I especially love the bird one. :0)

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love it!

Lucy x

Netty said...

Both smashing hangings

Lynn Stevens said...

this is adorable!!!! great use of twinchies

JeanFB said...

Love these, Jack, both sides! I wouldn't want to put either side facing back - they're both too gorgeous. :) Glad you could play along at Gingersnap!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Bothh great, but I luv the birds!

Willy said...

What a fabulous hanging!

Suzie said...

So so cute! Great job, love that you made such a cute hanger. Thanks for sharing.

2amscrapper said...

I love the fact that it's reversible and the colors and images are wonderful.

thefrugalcrafter said...

Wow, those look great Jack! I adore the little hangers too, great beading and very elegant!

Krisha said...

Great idea and great work. The beads just add that extra WOW.

craftytrog said...

These are both lovely Jack! This challenge is on my 'to do' list! x

stampdiva said...

Now this is a clever idea, much better than them lying around. Great work. Lynne M

Michele said...

i love the colors, the images, everything! way cool Jack!

Terry said...

This are gorgeous! Love them hanging and the touch of beads is fabulous!

Shar said...

Fantastic idea for inchies! These are awesome!

trisha too said...

Oh, I REALLY like this piece, VERY nice!!
:)

Susan Allan said...

I love these little hangings. They are so softly coloured and lovely to look at....and very inspiring!!!
Sue xx