Monday, 13 September 2010

Thank you Beatrice Neumeister

On Sunday I went with friends (Lucy and Pauline, and met Alison there) to the Craft Barn Extravaganza in Surrey. There were loads of free demonstrations to watch and one of the ones I really enjoyed (among many) was the Katzelkraft demo by Beatrice Neumeister. She had some fabulous cards on display and showed us how to make some great backgrounds.
I decided to have a go at the Distress Ink background today. First I swiped Dried Marigold and Wild Honey on my craft sheet and then spritzed with water. I dipped a piece of glossy card into the ink and then dried it with a heatgun. Then I dipped again, and dried again. After wiping the craft sheet I swiped Worn Lipstick and spritzed with water and dipped the card again and dried off with the heatgun one last time. The result was beautiful. I used it for my bg for a 5x5 Deco page for a friend.
I stamped the winged girl image from the Paper Artsy Wings Plate 3 onto cream card with Saddle Brown StazOn and then stamped just the wings onto acetate. I cut the girl out and added the acetate wings. I then mounted this onto a piece of my newly made Distress Ink background. This was mounted onto a piece of cream card that I edged one side with my Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Punch. I stamped the tiny butterfly from Clear Choice 20 Best Friends stamps (how often do I use this set!!!) in Saddle Brown onto a strip of my bg card and stuck it to one side of my brown 5x5 page then added my Winged Lady over the top. Finally I added some Metallic Pearls with my brand new i-rock tool.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Allsorts - Autumn colours
Gingersnap - GC70 Punches

18 comments:

Josephine said...

Oooh! I've been playing with distress inks but hadn't thought of layering the colour like that. (Rubbing my hands together in anticipation!)

That's such a lovely creation!

Katzele said...

LOL !!! And you know why I'm laughing ;-) You did a great job, can't wait to see what you are going to do with the other techniques.
It was nice to meet you and we had good laughing isn't it ?

Beatrice xx

Jane said...

Simply beautiful...well done you!!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! It turned out just beautiful and it made a fantastic BG.
Thanks for playing at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful bg! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

brenda said...

Hi there

A gorgoeus peiece of work and I am sure you had great fun creating all the backing and various elements.

Thank you for joining in with my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

stampdiva said...

This is a stunning card Jack. A very lucky friend whoever receives it. Lynne x (p.s. not forgotten about stamping the images for you - I really will do it this week, so sorry I didn't get it done last week x)

Jingle said...

Your friend is going to love it! This is a wonderful card!

Willy said...

Fabulous card and great use of the punch!

joanne wardle said...

the background is gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in the gingersnap challenge

PetraB said...

The background looks amazing, I never thought of using the distress inks this way. Thank you for sharing this. The wings are a really lovely finishing touch for this wonderful card.

wwilloww said...

That's a beautiful card and I love the technique you used!! Will have to give it a try!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh very cool!

Julie Forest said...

Awesome background! Beautiful card!! :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a beautiful card! How lovely to have Beatrice comment!

Lucy x

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this wonderful image!!

Thank you so very much, Jack, for sharing this gorgeous card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!!

Krisha said...

Nice Job! with stunning effects. Great card

Joanne (jojot) said...

very artsy..great bkgd technique...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week