Monday, 20 September 2010

Take a trip around the world . . .

As it's coming up to World Cardmaking Day over at Crafty Cardmakers this week the challenge is Around the World. The winner of this challenge will win a £10 voucher from The Stamp Man. The DT have come up with some great cards and this is mine.

I decided to visit Italy with my card, Venice to be precise (I've been twice, lol). I stamped the image from Darkroom Door and coloured it with my Derwent Inktense pencils. I then blended the colours with a damp paintbrush. I backed the image with some black card to make it stand out. I used a black square blank and added some paper from Crafty Individuals Travels in Italy pad, then mounted my image on top. The swirls were cut with my Cuttlebug using a Sizzix Decorative Flourish die and finally added some crystals for a bit of bling. If have to be honest - Venice isn't really this colour. It's more terracota and beige, lol

I am entering this in the following challenges@

C.R.A.F.T. - Colouring pencils only

The Artistic Stamper - Sing a Rainbow


13 comments:

Sheila said...

Jack, I love this one - just got such an atmosphere flowing from it! I can almost feel the water waving my gondola about!! Sheila:)X

Josephine said...

This is a gorgeous card. The colours are fabulous, and it's got a dream-like quality which is perfect for a memory.

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the scene you've created :o) Lisa x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Annette said...

Beautiful image & colouring! Love the background papers too. Thanks for joining us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.

BearyWishes said...

Awesome card, great colours too. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Kathie xx

stampdiva said...

Love this Jack. I don't have that particular Darkroom Door stamp but my Venetian set is an absolute fav. Lynne x

Cor* said...

great color blending and flourishes! Fab card for sure. I'm gonna have to do Venice sometime.

carol said...

wow fabulous card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.challenge this week, x carol

Jennie said...

Geeat piece and and thank you for joining in the challenge at ASCT
Jennie x

Lin said...

What a colourful creation Jack. I love the contrast of the brightly coloured houses against the dark gondolas. Beautiful background paper too.

Anyone for cornetto!

Lin xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Big congrats on your win - well deserved!

Lucy x