Thursday, 16 September 2010

Playing with Brillance Re-inkers

When I was at the Craft Barn on Sunday watching the wonderful Beatrice Neumeister she showed us how to use Brilliance Re-Inkers not just to make backgrounds but also to first use the ink to stamp with, and of course, I had to have a go! First I squirted Sunflower Yellow, Sky Blue and Pearlescent Rust onto glossy card and lightly brayered the inks. Then I used this to ink up my stamp (the mask and word from Oxford Impressions Venezia Plate) and stamped it on black card. I then brayered again until the card was covered with the ink. (I did stamp lots of other images with mixed results because I had far too much ink on my card and it made the images 'sloshy'). The colours of the ink mixed to make this bronzy colour. It took ages to dry with a heat gun, probably because of the amount of ink I had used, and then ran the card through the Cuttlebug using the Ornamental Iron folder. I think when I try this again I won't use quite so much ink on the glossy card and also not brayer it as much so that I can make out the individual colours. I also discovered it works much better with stamp that is not so detailed.

5 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Looks good all the same Jack and lets face it if we don't try we don't find out, x

Katzele said...

Well done ! If your stamps are much detailed you have to use the brayer's ink before, why not run your brayer on an other paper before to make an other background and when your brayer is ok, then stamp your detailed stamp. Remember, when your first background are too much "inky" you can use a flourish stamp to make impression on it.
I'm proud of you ;-)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

this is totally awesome! Now we just got to get you over to join us in some of our papercraft star blog challenges... we need your inspiration there! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh I love how it has turned out, lovely! Kim

stampdiva said...

Stunning card Jack. Lynne x