Thursday, 16 September 2010

Happy Anniversary

It's my son and his gorgeous wife's first anniversary this month and I wanted to make them a special card. It took me ages to decide what to do - I know it's Paper for a 1st anniversary but I couldn't decide what to do with it, lol. I had a lovely picture of them walking away from me, arm in arm, and decided to have a play with it in Photoshop. I should mention here that I'm useless with Photoshop. First I took the colour our (easy peasy), then I tried to adjust the background to make the figures stand out. I tried using the eraser tool, the paint tool, the blur tool . . . but they didn't work. I've no idea what I did wrong (no idea what I was doing really!!!) so I then adjusted the contrast and then hit a button that said 'graphic pencil' and VOILA! The sentiment was printed out on my computer and the background (is it background as it's on the top???) was a plain piece of white card run through the Cuttlebug with the D'vine Swirls folder. Bit of bling to finish it off.

3 comments:

Terry said...

At least you tried to do something in photoshop - I run and hide!!! This is the perfect anniversary card and moreso that you incorporated a photo of the lovely couple! Love it!

cockney blonde said...

Brave lady tackling photoshop. I try and fail every time, lol. BTW, love the card, x

stampdiva said...

Photoshop - well done you, totally impressed. What a very special card but I cannot believe it is their anniversary, don't tell me that is one year since you were engulfed with rose petals and whatnots! Lynne x