Tuesday, 7 September 2010

CAS

Over at Crafty Cardmakers this week the challenge is to create a CAS card - for those of you who don't know CAS stands for Clean And Simple - simples, lol. Although I'm not making a DT card for this week's challenge I decided to use this theme for a card cos I think it's a brilliant idea. I used a sentiment stamp from Paper Makeup Stamps and put it in the top third of my card (cream card) and then a Paper Mania Medallion stamp (PM 1022) in the bottom third. They are both stamped in ColorBox Chalk Cats Eye Dark Peony. This was then mounted onto purple, then mustard card and then all mounted onto a cream A5 card. I added a cream flower and purple flower brad to the centre of the flower and voila - simples (as they say).

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Pocket full of Posies - Floral Fantasy

Lexi's Creations - Flower Power

Play Date Cafe - colour challenge

14 comments:

Jane said...

Jack, this is gorgeous. Perfectly CAS!

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderful CAS card! Really great use of the colors for The Play Date Cafe Challenge...Great to have you play with us again : )

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Jack. Great design.

Kat said...

What a great CAS card Jack. Love the colour. A really elegant card.

Kat xx

Josephine said...

That's lovely, Jack! Beautifully CAS.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful CAS design, great sentiment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful clean design! Love the focal point of the flower in the corner. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

Andrea Ewen said...

You've definitely nailed the CAS challenge and our color challenge at the PDC! Super design and awesome sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--beautiful flowers!! Thanks for playing along and joining us in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Lori said...

Love your simple design, it's so pretty, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
I have some yummy Blog Candy at www.justsoducky.blogspot.com if you're interested.

Wishcraft said...

Love your CAS card Jack, great colours. I was sure I was following you, but I don't seem to be so I'll add myself now! Lisa x

Tracey said...

Beautiful, love that sentiment :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

stampdiva said...

A wonderful CAS card Jack. Another challenge you have nailed. Lynne x

wwilloww said...

First off, thanks for your wonderful comment about my jewelry that you left on my blog!!! And as for your card, I just love it. Simple is often very pretty and yours certainly proves that to be true!!!