Monday, 23 August 2010

Video Inspiration - Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 28




This week over at Crafty Cardmakers the challenge is Video Inspiration with a video by Lady Gaga. Our sponsor this week is Susie Sugar from Die Cut Dreams who is offering some fab die cuts. It's a great video and gave me loads of ideas. I decided to go with White and Silver for my card cos they are favourites of mine. And of course I had to have a bit of bling! I started with a square card blank, then added some star sequin-waste down one side. I embossed a piece of white card using the Cuttlebug Star Folder. Then I coloured a Papermania heart brad with a silver marker and topped it with some bling and then threaded some irridescent silver cord through it and added it to one side of the card, then layered it on siver card. The swirls are cut using a Sizzix die (Decorative Flourishes) with (yep) a bit more bling. The word and crown (Sizzix Man Oh Man and Cuttlekids dies) should have been cut in PVC but I didn't have any so I tripple embossed them with UTEE to make them shine.
I am entering it in the following challenges:
My Time to Craft - Glitter and Glitz
One Stitch at a Time - Say it with Shapes
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle and Shine

21 comments:

Jane said...

WOW! This card should be in a jewellers AND highly insured with the amount of BLING!!! Stunning!! XX

Josephine said...

That's such a decadently sparkly card. Gorgeous!

Cath Wilson said...

LOTS of bling, Jack, lol - bet you had fun with that one. Funny we both chose white and silver, he, he, but with very different takes.

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous card with all that bling! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Lin said...

Jack I loveeee this. That crown is genius! That sequin waste is gorgeous. We crafters are such canny people - fancy taking something that is the waste from another product and making it look amazing!

Lin xx

Gemma said...

such a beautiful card! I love the embossing! Thanks for joining in this weeek over at the One Stitch at a Time - Say it with Shapes challenge! Gemma :)

stampdiva said...

You nailed this challenge, no wonder you are on the DT. Lynne x

A.J. said...

Great card - I love all of the stars.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

judie said...

Love it Jack, such a fabbie creation, have a little something for you over on my blog xx

wwilloww said...

That is a gorgeous card!!! I love how you used that star embossing folder with the star sequin waste. It all just works perfectly!! The bling is perfect!! I came on over to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and ended up being a follower!!! Great art on your blog!!!

craftytrog said...

Wow! This is stunning Jack! I love a bit of bling myself too! Was great to finally meet you at Lucy's yesterday! And, erm...don't forget to always have someone put their finger on your bow, when you tie it! IYKWIM! Lol! ;o)
Alison xx

Lori said...

Jack, this is GORGEOUS! Just popped over to say thanks for the nice comment on my Lady Gaga inspired card. :) You gave me a good giggle thinking that LG would look like the lady on my card in her old age! :)

crafty amy said...

Wow this is suck a great card and is so perfect for GaGa lol :D I LOVE that crown.
Make sure you check out the Crafts and Me blog

Hugs

Amy xx

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Jack! Love it all!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Marjo said...

Hi Jack,

I love this card! It's gorgalicious. I think your blog is awesome too. I love the diversity in your creations. Just gotta become a follower to keep track of your wonderful creations in my Dashboard. Good luck with all the challenges!

Hugs, Marjo

Sarah said...

WOWW I love this, all that bling is fab! Sarah x

Sarah said...

I was looking for a contact address and can't see one. Thanks for your comment on my Ribbon Reel Doll - love the name Time Queen, she has her place on my desk. It was all about the challenge not what I was going to do with it! Sarah x

Cor* said...

Gorgeous. I love seeing all the differnet interpretations. Love the embossing and bling.

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Jack, a perfect interpritation on the theme...Love all the bling...

Hope you and yours are all well
x
Vicky

Made by Mandy said...

Jack, this is a wonderful card. I love all the texture in it and the crown is great.

Love

Mandy

Michele said...

i adore this card Jack, thanks for sharing it! xo michele