Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Skull and Crossbones

My new Tim Holtz Components Skull stamp arrived this morning, just in time to make a birthday card for my nephew. I stamped it onto K&Co Antiquity Tan Parchment DP in Saddle Brown StazOn. The sentiment (Hero Arts Anytime Messages) was stamped the same. They were then mounted onto pale blue card. The Denim DP is from Me & My Big Ideas, run through the Cuttlebug with the Houndstooth folder, again backed with pale blue. I made a pale blue square card and topped it with DP downloaded from the Canon Inkjet site. I finished it off by adding a button to the sentiment.
I am entering it in the following challenges:
Cooking It Up With Katie - brown, checks and boys card
Papertake Weekly - Just one (one button)
Sketch and Stash - I used my brand new Tim Holtz stamp

11 comments:

Katie said...

Great card, I'm sure he'll love it!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Tammy said...

Fantastic card! I love the pale blue matting! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie!
Tammy x

Cath Wilson said...

Colour coordination here is superb, Jack. I had that stamp and gave it away but you've used it really well.

Lisa aka Myran said...

I love that Tim Holtz stamp! This is a really nice card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

Super cool card Jack - love the sentiment and that embossing x
Thanks for joining in with us at Cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Doreen said...

A fabulous card,your nephew will love it.Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

stampdiva said...

I've made a decision, I will hand over any male relations cardmaking for you to do for me - does that suit you this arrangement LOL. Great colours and you really used this stamp so well. Lynne x

Terry said...

This is such an awesome card and your Nephew will absolutely love it! Perfect for a boy! Great job!

Jill said...

stunning card Jack so beautifully put together thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

love your stamping! that skull looks perfect

Shar said...

Fun card! Love the sentiment!