Monday, 30 August 2010

Scraplings

I have joined in my first swap at Gingersnap Creations. For this swap you have to make Scraplings which are made using the strip of card left over from making a square card out of an A4 piece of card. You also had to use paint samples on your little cards.
For my first scrapling I used a Paper Artsy Stamp from the Wings Plate 3 over some purple paint chips. The second one was using Hot Off the Press Botanicals which were stamped onto pink paint chips and then paper pieced (using more of the pink paint chips) and I then added punched flowers and pearls.
Number 3 Scrapling was using a stamp from the All Night Media Japanese stamp set. I kept the words on the paint chips as they were appropriate. I also coloured the flowers on her dress with white gel pen and added a little bit of silver border. The last one (my favourite, lol) uses Tim Holtz Components, Vogue stamp over cream paint chips. I added a bit of paper measuring tape, a scrap of material with a safety pin and a button.

10 comments:

Josephine said...

What a great idea for using up odd bits. And the paint sample background works so well too. Gorgeous!

stampdiva said...

Loving your Scraplings. Now I did intend to make some but where does the time go to?!! Anyway, you have created amazing Scraplings. Lynne x

Jane said...

Never heard of scraplings before but what a great idea!!!

Shar said...

Awesome, Jack!! Loving these!

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are great,

Lucy x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

That scrap of material pinned in place is a gem of an idea!

2amscrapper said...

I love them all!

JeanFB said...

These are all so different and all so beautiful! Love 'em!

joanne wardle said...

I received your fabulous owl mail scrapling, thanks so much

Sarah said...

Hi Jack, received your gorgeus pink scrapling and if I had to pick one it would have been that one, I love pink. It was my first swap too and really enjoyed it. Sarah x