Monday, 2 August 2010

Punches Spotlight



This week is a Spotlight on Punches over at Crafty Cardmakers (one week there is a themed challenge and on alternate weeks a Spotlight to highlight the use of a craft item or technique). I decided to go with the Punches Spotlight as I'd seen a great tutorial over on Inspirational Tips, Techniques and Tutorials for making a flower using a border punch. First I stamped the cute little mouse from Penny Black Critter Party and coloured it with Whispers Pens, cut it out and mounted with Nesties. The DP is from a K&Co Tim Coffey pad (Daisy) which I edged with my Fiskars Punch and Emboss punch (A Dozen Roses). Then I made the large flowers by punching a strip with the same punch, running it through my paper crimper and sticking it to a circle of card (see tutorial - it's really good). Then I punched a smaller flower with an EK Success punch (Retroflower) and topped it off with a little button. The smaller flowers were made with a multi punch (Woodware Sunflower) and have White Opal Liquid Pearls for the centres. I topped it all off with a piece of yellow organza ribbon and a cute little heart charm.
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky - Buttons and bows

11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully put together, Jack and the lemon looks wonderful. I'm not a fan of lemon at all but you've done a great job with this, it's so fresh.

Wishcraft said...

Very pretty Jack, love your idea for the flowers :o) Lisa x

NGCARDS said...

This is lovely hun, Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

cockney blonde said...

This is lovely Jack. Adore the colour, x

Cor* said...

CUTE lil mouse. GREAT flowers!

Ginny said...

gorjuss, thanks for joining us at FnF

Josephine said...

That's such a soft, gentle yellow, and it's so pretty!

stampdiva said...

The lemon is so unusual. Very sweet. Lynne x

Eiglas said...

Very sweet card Hunni! Very gentle & subtle and that lickle mouse is sooo cute!

Hugs,
Ei
x

Dee G said...

This card is so cute!! I'm always looking for tutorials for making flowers, this looks like are really good one. TFS, Dee xx

Ildiko said...

Jack this is gorgeous. I never thought of using my punch on the flower, look fab
hugs
Ildiko