Saturday, 14 August 2010

Out of my tree!

On one of the groups I'm on the challenge was to use scraps of paper and eyelets and I had this strange idea. I stamped the tree (an Encaustic stamp) in Distress Ink Walnut Stain and clear embossed it. Around the edge of the square of cream card I then added this pretty butterfly border (Hot off the Press Edges and Borders) in Timber Brown StazOn (I wanted to use the Distress Ink but as the stamp is polymer and new the ink went all sort of blotchy!). The leaves were cut out of scraps of Papermania Secret Garden paper with the Cuttlebug leaves die and then embossed with Forest branches and then attached to my tree with eyelets. My DD is not too sure about this card but I like it, LOL.
I'm entering it in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Tree-mendous
The Play Date Cafe - Fab colours and photo this week





12 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE this idea! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us!

stampdiva said...

This is amazing, how on earth did you even come up with such a great idea. Lynne x

donna said...

Looks wonderful!

cockney blonde said...

I think its a brill and original creation Jack, x

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is so fun and fabulous, Jack! Love the patterns and texture on the leaves.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely effect with the leaves. I thought maybe it was peacock feathers from the thumbnail. Very fun card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

Julie Ranae said...

Love the dimension of this project! Thanks so much for bringing it to The Play Date Cafe.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very creative use of this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those leaves are soooooooooooo amazing--I love those eyelets and the idea!! This is so FUN:) Great job!! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

JeanFB said...

OH, this is so fun!!! Great use of those colors, too!

Elise said...

I'm fairly OUT of my TREE with joy, looking at this fun, fun, crafty creation you've shared with the PDCC! This is SUCH fun! I LOVE those leaves - what a tactile delight! So glad you shared this with the PDCC this round! Yee Haw!

Paper Punch Scissors! said...

Congratulations Jack. I love this look!! And, I love to see card creators step outside the design box. This is a card I would send and love to receive!