Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside


I had an idea for a card using my shell stamp (Personal Impressions Scrapbooking Clear Stamps 27279) so I stamped it in StazOn Rusty Brown onto parchment paper and mounted it onto white card with little brads and then onto some Terracotta coloured card. I used a white card blank and added a square of cream handmade paper from PaperMania (again with brads) and then strung white seed beads between the brads.

I am entering it into the following challenges:
Playdate Cafe - colour challenge
Simon Says - Sing it Baby (Oh I do like to be beside the seaside)
Totally Papercrafts - By the Sea

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Jack
fabulous card, lovely design, great paper,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Jane said...

This is a fabulous take on the challenge! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful how you framed your image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

stampdiva said...

Jack, what an amazing idea to frame your shells! That is so clever. You nailed this challenge with your use of the colours. TFS. Lynne x

Ali Manning said...

This is lovely, Jack! The white beads are perfect - they look like tiny shells!

Terry said...

Love the framed image! Wonderful card!!

JeanFB said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the texture you've achieved, and I'm with Ali - those little white beads reminded my of tiny shells, too! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to Gingersnap Creations. :)

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, i love how you have framed the image with the beads. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

Lynn Stevens said...

really lovely!

cockney blonde said...

Ooo, I like how you've done this Jack. Love the seed bead idea, x

Ruby said...

Lovely card, especially the way you've done the framing! Great entry! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Hels Sheridan said...

Loving those seed beads, so pretty :O))

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful image and the beads are a lovely touch. I thought they were little shells. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Cath Wilson said...

That's lovely, Jack - bet it's a whole lot nicer IRL. Simple yet stunning! Love the beads.