Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Mum to the rescue


My son and his wife are currently living the life of Riley between Italy, Belgium and England. Unfortunately my son is driving his lovely wife up the wall because he keeps loosing his SIM cards (which always have credit on them) and has to buy a new one each time they change country! So Mum to the Rescue. Inspired by my friend Lucy, who made me a gorgeous Passport cover from Grungeboard, I came up with this SIM card holder. I only had Grungepaper but it worked out just fine. First I sponged it with Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Fired Brick), Then I stamped inside with Stamp Attack's Crackle background and a post mark stamp from Crafty Individual in Walnut Stain. The outside I stamped with a map and camera (from Personal Impressions) and the CI Post Mark in Walnut Stain and then a Post Mark from Clear Art French Mail in Broken China. I sewed the flap up to make pockets to hold little folders for the SIM cards. I threaded ribbon through a button and eyelets to make a fastener. I hope this works!

5 comments:

Lin said...

Hey Jack, who's a right old clever clogs then. What a great idea! Now just as long as he doesn't lose his new storage folder it should be fine, lol

Lin xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Looks great, Jack AND it's useful! Well done, you. Hope he likes it, though I'm sure he will. Kids, eh? We never stop worrying about them, no matter how old they get!

cockney blonde said...

What a brilliant idea. Lets hope he doesn't lose the wallet, lol, x

Sarah said...

What a fab idea, it's lovely Jack.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks amazing! Can you make a grungeboard holder for your suitcase so you don't forget it!

Had a great time with you and Alison yesterday - hope she didn't give you nightmares about Tracy Emin!

lots of love

Lucy x