Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Hopes and Dreams


A friend gave me this digi image from Create with TLC who has some fantastic images (thanks to Ildz the Crafty Witch for finding where it came from) and I decided to age it by rubbing on Distress Inks (Old Paper, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap). I then added a bit of colour with Whispers Pens. It was then matted onto brown card (using Nestabilities Circles). The DP is from Laura Ashley Velvet Papers which was again matted onto brown card and then onto a creamy/yellowish square card blank. I added the sentiment (Crafty Individuals) giving it the same treatment as the image. The ribbon and brads were from my stash, the flourish is a Sizzix die (Flourish 11) and the gorgeous roses are from Wild Orchid.
I am entering it into the following challenges
One Stop Crafts - Patterns
Dutch Dare - Anything Goes

9 comments:

clare said...

i just love your vintage style creation. gorgeous image. thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs. Good Luck. X

Cath Wilson said...

Very moody with a definite vintage theme. Very nice, Jack.

Donna said...

Lovely card

Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs and good luck

Donna xx

Lizzybobs said...

another fab card ;O) following you now - no you can not have any of my inks!!!!!he he he

stampdiva said...

Jack I love this, really love this. Elegant. Lynne x

Lou said...

I love this. It's so different. Beautiful.

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs Challenge Blog.

Lou x

Lindsey said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

Ildiko said...

Hiya, just seen this digi and it's Pauletta's freebie from Creat with TLC.
I store my digi's in file by name and put the blog address as a file name so I know where I've got it from. If you go to Paulettes sight you find oodles and doodles of freebies (digi as well as world art)
Here is her blog link.
Just make sure you got a cupper with you and no one disturbs you.
Gorgeous card
hugs
Ildiko

Vixykins said...

Oh Jack this is absolutely stunning! It has "Jack special" written all over it hehe! You really do suit this style hun x