Monday, 16 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Spotlight






This week over at Crafty Cardmakers it's Spotlight week. And this week we are spotlighting the Spotlight technique where byyou highlight a small section of your card in some way. I have this great sentiment stamp that says 'You are unique' and it gave me the idea for my DT card. I stamped the Penny Black animals (from Critter Party) onto white card and then watercoloured one with Whispers Pens (and a bit of Sakura) and gave it a Nestability cut frame to Spotlight it. I backed it with blue card which has been punched with Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch. The DP is from Papermania Venetian Skies, the blue flower from my stash and the white flower from Wild Orchid.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Something old (Penny Black stamps), something new (Martha Stewart Punch), something borrowed, something blue (DP paper and card)
Simon Says - Summertime Blues

12 comments:

craftykitten said...

What a fabulous card Jack, I love this technique and you have really done it justice.
Hugs
Dawn xx

stampdiva said...

Such a sweet card and once again, such attention to detail. Lynne xx

joanne wardle said...

great technique, sweet card

Suzanne said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Cor* said...

perfect sentiment for a great spotlight (ed) technique card! I never would have thought of that!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jack
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us for this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Josephine said...

Oh, that's lovely - the border around the spotlight picks it perfectly!

Suzie said...

A gorgeous card, love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Lin said...

Jack, love what you have done here. Perfect image for this technique. I think I have these somewhere. Need to go check my stash.

Love the colours and the border is great.

Lin xxx

Eiglas said...

Super cute lickle card Jack! That lickle mousie made me smile!LOL!
So sweet!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Shar said...

Sweet spotlight! Love your coloring!

Christine said...

Super cute little mouse! Your card is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine