Saturday, 14 August 2010

Chunky Alphabet Swap - A (inspired by Lynne)


My first page for the Chunky Alphabet swap was inspired by my friend Lynne. She has this amazing blog called Adorn that I'm always checking out for inspiration, so when it came to do my first letter it was easy to choose A for Adorn. My problem was trying to get 'Essence of Lynne' onto a 4 x 4 inch page!!! Of course for true Lynne I should have had vintage images, more layers, paint, beads and fabric but there just wasn't room. And although she does like a bit of pink, the shade I've gone with is a bit too bright. I stamped my DoCraft lace stamp in Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid onto cream card and also used the same ink for the Anna Griffin Filigree Alphabet A (which was also clear embossed). The frame for the letter A is made with Nestability Labels One which was then run through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and cream lace was gathered up and sewn round the edge with more sewing round the edge of the cream stamped card. All was then mounted onto pink card and the whole thing finished off with a button tied with pink ribbon, 3 rosebuds from Wild Orchid and the sentiment cut out from an old dictionary.

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Great page, Jack and very Lynne inspired :)

stampdiva said...

Oh My Word!!!! Jack I am blown away ... me, inspiring! I am a bit teary eyed here reading what you said and cannot believe you would make a page in honour of my Blog. You have made me feel so special. Lynne xx off to find a Kleenex LOL

cockney blonde said...

WOW! What a fabulous take on the letter. Brill, x

wwilloww said...

I think you captured the essence of the Adorn blog and still remained yourself. It is a beautiful page!!!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful! You've captured Lynne's style perfectly Jack!

Chris said...

Fabulous Jack. Lynne truly is inspirational and you've done a stunning job in pulling these elements together.