Saturday, 14 August 2010

Chunky Alphabet Swap - B

For my letter B page I decided to use Joanna Sheen's Blackcap stamp (from the Mushrooms Wildlife Collection). I'm glad no-one could see me working out how to do the background on my computer, lol. First I copied out the description of the bird and changed the font to grey. Then I printed it out on scrap paper and placed my stamp. Then I went back to the computer and line by line took out the words behind where the stamp would go. Then I printed it out again but this time onto watercolour paper. I'm sure there is an easier way for those who are computer literate but this worked for me! The image is coloured with Distress Inks and I also rubbed Distress Ink round the edge. The word Blackcap was printed onto acetate and then eyelets were added and the image mounted onto black card.

3 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous, Jack - I love blackcaps and that's a great alternative to just plain birds!

stampdiva said...

This is so beautiful. Looks like an illustration. Lynne x

cockney blonde said...

Another brilliant letter, x