Thursday, 19 August 2010

Blues and Greens


Oh I have had fun with this. I started with Soft Goth Night from Sweet Pea stamps and coloured her with Distress Inks (Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Tumbled Glass), adding a bit of Sakura Stardust to the moon. then cut and mounted her onto pale blue card The circle background is painted with Sarburst Stains in Azure Seas and Sea Mint Green, then this was mounted onto pale green card that has been Cuttlebugged with the Divine Swirls folder and all then mounted onto pale blue card. The flourishes are die cut (Sizzix Decorative Flourish Set) with little pearls added and Wild Orchid roses that have been sprayed with Kiwi and Riptide Glimmer Mists. The tiny little sentiment is half of a stamp from a Penny Black set and the ribbon and pins are from my stash. I'm not saying I got messy making this but you should see the colour of my hands, LOL.
I am entering it into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Petals and Pearls
Sweet Pea Stampers - Swirls and Flourishes
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Sketch

14 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely colouring, Jack - especially her hair. NEED some lessons, lol. You've done a great job! Cathx

Pascale said...

Hi Jack great take on our swirls and flourishes theme I love the embossing great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stamper hugs Pascale

Ellen said...

Such a beautiful card so so love the colours you used and the stamp is beautiful !!
Thanks for joining us at fussy and Fancy friday challenges this week.

Hugs, Ellen

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful Jack. Love the colours you've used, x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous, Jack. And distress inks and Starburst Stains? I'd be amazed if your hands were still skin-toned at all!

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous card, love the colouring!

Thanks for joining us over on Sweet Pea stampers this week!

Sarah x

Shar said...

Very pretty!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the texture.

Crafteezee said...

Hi Jack, you have done a fabulous job with this image. Beautful colouring and I love the embossed swirls backgrounds as well as the diecut swirls. A perfect match. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

Sarah A said...

Hi Jack

This is gorgeous, you have coloured the image beautifully!

Thanks for joining us over on Sweet Pea Stampers this week.

Sarah x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is so pretty!!!
thanks for joining us at SPS!!!

stampdiva said...

I have a soft spot for this pins also. Great colours for that image. Lynne x

crafty amy said...

Oooh I love the swirls and the soft colours I can see that you had fun cards always look better when the maker has enjoyed them :D
Thank you for joining us at Sweet pea stampers and Crafts and Me. Good luck

Hugs

Amy xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

THIS is gorgeous!