Monday, 30 August 2010

All sentimental







Its ages since I did a Z-fold card and I decided to make this for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. I used a Fiskars Emboss and Punch to edge the top of the card (A Dozen Roses), then added Paper Mania Amethyst Infusion DP to each panel. The sentiment is a stamp called Just for Today and the only thing I know about it is its got the identity number K-230 on the packaging (if anyone knows who the stamp is by I'd love to know). I stamped it onto some bg card I had made with Versacolour Wild Berries ink pad, squirted with water and hen sprayed with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist, cut it with Nestabilities Labels Ten (and matted it with the same Nestie), then added some Debbie Moore pearls. The butterflies were cut and embossed from the same bg card using Cuttlebug Butterflies, and again more Debbie Moore pearls added. I can't believe my baby will be 26 tomorrow, LOL.
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away - with wings (butterflies)
Lexi's Creations - Emboss it (embossed butterflies)
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Add a little nature to your card (butterflies)
One Stop Craft Challenge - How Sentimental (sentiment)

13 comments:

stampdiva said...

Jack this is a very special card. Lynne x

.:♥MMDesigns♥:. said...

Just gorgeous!!! Love the butterflies!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

Jane said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous...they look like they're flittering on your card, as if they've landed & then are off again...beautiful XX

jackiescrafts said...

A lovely card those butterflies are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE those words, Jack - fabulous and especially for a child. Hard to believe they're getting so old, isn't it, lol? My baby was 33 this time! Makes me feel VERY old... The background looks great - lovely colours, don't think I have that one, which is unusual cos I have most of them. The flicking is okay - but I think you need stronger colours for it to show up and when you flick, you need quite small drops cos (as you've discovered) they spread out quite a lot. You also have to really ZAP (technical term) with the heat tool (really close and straight away) to stop them spreading. It's something Leandra taught us years and years ago and I've always loved it. Works particularly well with Distress inks.

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Jack, love the butterflies. Re your comment on my blog - I've no choice but to do them early, if I don't I'll only manage to do the ones for orders and I'll be doing my own on Christmas Eve (like last year lol!). Lisa x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Jack i love the verse and the butterflies are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the OCSS for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Dazie said...

What a lovely sentiment! I love the butterfly detail.

Thanka for joining us at cyda
dazie
x

lalkygirl said...

stunning card,the colours are beautiful and the butterflies are stunning
thanks for joining us at lexi's and good luck
lalkygirl x

Carrie said...

Lovely sentiment and I love the butterflies... Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Farida Rone said...

What a Wonderful creation!!!
Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Hugs,
Farida

Carol Ann said...

Wow a fantastic card! Thanks for playing along at CYDA.
Carol Ann xx

Tanya said...

What an amazing card-love the color and all of your details! Thanks for playing with us at Lexi's Creations!