Thursday, 22 July 2010

Spiral Pop-up

I found a brilliant pop-up card on Splitcoast Stampers and decided to make one. The DP is from a 12x12 pad from Dovcraft (Kate Knight Aquamarine Floral Prints) and then I printed out the sentiments then cut and mounted them with Nestabilies. I decided to use acetate for the spiral and the butterflies (stamps - Clear Choice 20 Best Friends) and then coloured the butterflies with Alcohol Inks (Pearl Mixative, Cool Peri, Stream and Wild Plum). I edged the paper on the front of the card with a Geo Punch (Daisy) and added flowers (white from Wild Orchid, green made with a Woodware punch, Mauve from Cardology Precious Petals)
I am entering this in the new Stamp Man challenge and Die Cut Dreams (Acetate used for butterflies and spiral) .



10 comments:

Cor* said...

I sooooooooooooooooooo saw this tutorial too, but am scared to try it?!! Easy Peasy or no? I'm in awe of how this turned out, with the DP & colors, everything fits so great!

Jane said...

Woah! Gorgeous!!!!!

Lin said...

ohhhh Jack this is just adorable. Those butterflies are in my favourite colours too. Like Cor said, I too am in awe.

I'm off for a look at the tutorial to see how I can cock it up!

Was lovely chatting just now.

Hugs
Lin x

stampdiva said...

That looks complicated! Beautiful card though. Lynne x

Ira said...

What a gorgeous card this is Jack, just love the colours and butterflies! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment, I really enjoyed reading it.
Take care, Ira

Cath Wilson said...

Super cool, Jack and the acetate just makes it cos you can't see it!! Love it.

Kay Carley said...

This looks amazing!! Thanks so much for entering it into The Stamp Man's Anything Goes Challenge :)

Biscuitlid said...

Cor Jack this is a bit gorgeous, I've not tried this either but I want to now! Just beautiful and fabulous use of acetate too

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria and the DCD team
x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Jack and fantastic use of acetate. Super layout, floral and butterfly detail and such a sweet verse.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola and the Dream Team

Vixykins said...

Absolutely beautiful Jack, I'm scared of pop ups but we'll do one one day lol!

Thank you for entering The Stampmans anything goes challenge, good luck x