Monday, 19 July 2010

Paris

When I got up this morning it looked like it was going to be an 'inky' day so I got out my Brilliance Inks to see what I could come up with. I made a background by sponging on Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender and Pearlescent Lime then overstamped with various stamps (Clear Art French Mail, Clear Choice 22 Travel Stamps and Creative Expressions French Script) in StazOn in Vibrant Violet and Cactus Green. I ran a piece of green vellum (yep - it really is green) through my Cuttlebug using the Script folder and attached at the side. The Eiffel Tower and word Paris (from above sets) were stamped in Violet on white card and then I sponged round the edges with Pearlescent Lime and mounted them onto purple card. Et Voila!!
I am entering this in the following challenges:

Drunken Stampers - Sketch Play Date Cate - Photo inspiration (purple/lilac/lime)

12 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Excellent, Jack - I really, really, REALLY like this one :D

stampdiva said...

Jack, now do I love Paris or do I love Paris?!!! This is gorgeous. This is the challenge I was going to enter but time is not quite on my side :( TFS your beautiful card. Lynne x

Lin said...

Jack this is lovely. I adore the soft nature of the background it blends itself beautifully with La Tour Eiffel.

Lin

cardcrazy said...

Wonderful, I love the colour combo and the theme! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Drunken Stampers!
Peggy

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--so much detail on this card! I really like those images--I love PARIS:) Fabulous job on two challenges!! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just wonderful, Jack! Love the background and the vellum is a nice touch.. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous images making up your background, and what a fun theme with these colours - it really works! So glad you played along with us at the playdate cafe :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of this weeks colors, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

sheila said...

this is so cool-love the "cuttled" effect

Suzanne C said...

Just my kind of inky.. lots of sponging, stamping and fun. Lovely card! Fantastic background effect. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Lottie said...

thank you so very much for your lovely comment on my blog - and I am even more thrilled to be able to visit 'you' and see all your stunning work. I can't make cards for toffee! It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have many people to send them to - and those that I do have like shop bought ones

Off to have a good old rummage around your blog - I an see a bit of jewellry that has caught my eye - off to investigate it!

Ruby said...

This is lovely, so much detail and technique! Fab card! I love anything French! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!