Sunday, 18 July 2010

Not quite Purple


I decided to have a play with the Ching-chou Kuik stamp Purple Woods from Sweet Pea today. Crafts and Me (where I got the stamp) have a challenge to use Pink, Black and White so I thought I'd see how she looked and I must say she looks good, lol. I coloured her with Distress Inks (Black Soot, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Tatterd Rose, Shaby Shutters and Tumbled Glass) and added some bling on the trees and cat's wings with white glitter. The tree shadows are drawn in with a felt pen. The background is made with Alcohol inks (Pearl, Pitch Black and Shell Pink) and then blitzed with Glimmer Mist (Tattered Rose). The row butterflies are a Stitchel Stamp (Dashy Dot) coloured with Distress Inks, Glitter added and then Glimmer Mist again, and stamped on paper that has been edged with a Martha Stewart punch (Scallop Dot). I've added glitter to the large flower (all flowers from the wonderful Wild Orchid) and the little silver butterfly is from my stash. Lastly I've added bling (cos I thought there wasn't enough, lol) with the little gems from Carole's Crafts.
I've decided to enter this in the following challenges:
Sweet Pea - Recipe (no pattered paper, 2 images, 1 butterfly, 3 different embellishments)
Crafts and Me - Pink, black and white
Pear Tree Designs - Glitter/Sparkle
My Time to Craft - Butterfly bliss

8 comments:

miscanthuscrafts said...

a very striking card! good luck and thanks for joining us at Pear tree designs. X

Cath Wilson said...

Love those colours and you've done a great job of colouring her. Great card, Jack. Thank goodness she has a mouth, lol.

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Jack, i love this stamp it was one of my very 1st sweetpeas.
Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Jack,i love those butterflys.
Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

LINDA said...

This is simply beautiful.. Love the coloring and the design is awesome.. very lovely work!!
Hugs, Linda

Lin said...

Jack, she is lovely and goes so beautifully with the bps you used. I love the title too,lol

Good luck with your various challenges

Hugs Lin x

stampdiva said...

I'm struggling to keep up with all your posts lol. Another winner. Those stamps have not won me over but love what you have done with this image. TFS. Lynne x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card, i love the image beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx