Saturday, 17 July 2010

Fishing Edwin



I haven't played with my Magnolia stamps for ages so today got out Edwin with his fishing rod to make a Birthday card. I'm into shaped cards at the moment so this is a Side Step one. I partnered him with two stamps from High Hopes (Gilbert the fish and the Hermit Crab). The images are watercoloured with Whispers Pens and H2Os (H2Os for the water, background and Hermit Crab shell) then I've added sparkle with a Sakura Stardust Pen (Edwin's wings) and Cosmic Shimmer (Gilbert). The sentiment is an old Anita's stamp that has been soooo useful. I matted and layered all the images using my Cuttlebug and Nesties and then ran the background pieces through the bug using the Swirls and Curls folder (cos it looks like waves).
I am entering this in the following challenges
Craftalicious - Birthdays
Pollycraft - Bold and Bright (I think it's that, lol)
C.R.A.F.T. - Babies and children
Prarie Fairy - For the Boys
Creative Inspirations - Lets get Physical (Sports Theme) - I'm hoping it counts as sport and apologise if it doesn't. In my defence my husband tells me that the England Fishing Team have just won the World Championships again and I've had to serve sandwiches and tea all afternoon while he's been watching a live fishing match on the telly!!!


11 comments:

Sue said...

Perfect Fishes for Birthday boy wishes! Love the shaped card, esp the embossed backing.
Thanks for playing along with FFF.
Sue x

joey said...

Hi Jack

this is fantastic! gorgeous colours and such a lovely summery feel, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

Joey.x

gina g said...

Brilliant card lovely bright colours too. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the images, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Eiglas said...

Super, Happy creation!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

stampdiva said...

WOW! More challengs. I have no idea how you would even make a start on such a complicated card, I am sure there is too much measuring for my tiny brain to copy with! Anyway, again, another well executed card. Great to see you so creative. Lynne M x

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is fantastic hun, dont worry it does indeed fit the the challenge :) Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Sheena said...

A simply gorgeous card and so summery (unlike our weather at the minute lo!). Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft! xx

stephanne said...

Awwww, this is really cute, I love how you added the images into circles for your project, really cute!! And yes, this is definitely sporty, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations!!
Stephanne

Suzi said...

Awe!! I love side step cards and sweet Edwin, what a perfect card for a little boy. Thank you for joining us this week at Fairy Fun Fridays with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Moshie said...

What a fun and bright step card! You did an awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.
hugs, Diana