Saturday, 24 July 2010

Enchanting


I got a lovely plate of Sweet Pea stamps recently and decided that I would have a play with Enchanting Gold. I coloured her with Distress Inks, a couple of pinky ones for the skin and lots of browns for her hair and clothes (7 different browns) and made the background using diluted Black Soot DI. I added a bit of clear Sakura Stardust pen to the circles in her hair. She is cut and matted with good old Nesties and the DP is from a lovely 8x8 pad (DCWV La Crème) that I've had for ages but just stroked, lol. Well the black is velvet flocking, very strokable! I finished off the card with a bit of velvet ribbon from my stash, a sentiment I printed out on the computer (chuffed that I worked out how to make it horizontal), some Pearls from Debbie Moore and a lovely flower from Wild Orchid.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Sketch
Sweet Pea - Black and White plus one other colour (I chose shades of brown)
Pollycraft - Happy Birthday

12 comments:

Pascale said...

Oh this is so pretty I love the colours you have used from your distress inks. This image is one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

crafty amy said...

Wow this really is enchanting I LOVE it :D You have really done wonders with the layout and I love her hair you can tell you put a lot of work into it.
Thank you for joining us at sweet pea stampers and crafts for me. Good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Cath Wilson said...

You've done a cracking job of that, Jack - especially the hair. Those inks look great. I do like some of the Sweet Pea images, although some of them look a bit deformed to me, lol.

stampdiva said...

You work so well with those stamps. Don't you think she has a saucy look in her eyes?!!! Okay, not as saucy as the women in my booklet! Lynne M x

Jane said...

Saucey but gorgeous! XX

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous Jack, love how you have used the shades of brown to add such sultry warmth!

Thanks for joining us over at Sweet Pea Stampers this week.

Sarah x

Lin said...

Jack that hair is amazing, it looks so alive and like a Pantene hair product advert, all shiny! I love that you have kept her all the same golden tones too.

Lin x

Debbie said...

Simply elegant - this is gorgeous

Jen said...

Omg that paper is gorgeous! Beautiful creation Jack.
Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Pea Stampers this week.
hugs
Jen x

Milliesmarvels said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
Jane
x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card, i love the image and she is so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Crafteezee said...

Wow, love the colours and your interpretation of the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.