Thursday, 15 July 2010

Definitely challenged!


I finally decided to take the plunge and enter multiple challenges but I've got a feeling I've got a bit carried away! I needed to make a purple card for a swap so this is what I've come up with. I went for an easel as I love easels (the theme for the Spotlight week over on Crafty Cardmakers is easels next week) but have only made square ones so far. I really enjoyed making a card that fitted in with several challenge and you never know, I may do it again.
I decided to use Tilda gathering straw as it looks like lavender and to enhance this I've added Heather Flowersoft to the 'straw'. Tilda is coloured with Whispers Pens, using the watercolour method. She is then cut out with a Lg Oval Nestie as is the purple glittery oval. The 2 DPs are from a 6x6 pad by PaperMania (Amethyst Infusion). The little asters are from Wild Orchid and the other flowers from my stash (with a touch of Sakura Stardust pen to give them bling!), as are the pearly brads.
These are the challenges I'm entering into:
Flutterby Wednesday - 3 layers and a butterfly/angel/fairy (Tilda has wings)
Project Tuesday - Easel card
Sweet Stampin - Things with wings
Wild Orchid - Say it with Flowers
One Step Crafts - Monochromatic
Pocket full of Posies - This week's sketch plus flowers
Craftalicious - cute (well Tilda is def. cute!)

13 comments:

Kim said...

Jack this is so beautiful! What a gorgeous card!!! Tilda is colored so wonderfully and I love your flower treatment! Easel cards are my ultimate favorite and yours is amazing hun! Thanks for joining us in the debut of our challenge blog at WOC! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Danni said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love all the purple! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cath Wilson said...

How many challenges????? LOL. Card's great but pity about the image, LOLOL. You know me, only joking - ish!

Jane said...

Yay! Go Girl...beautiful card...your next challenge is to beat the world record of number of challenges entered!! lol XX

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

wwwjeansjewels said...

Seven challenges - way to go! Your easel card is wonderful with all the great details. Thank you for joining us at Project Tuesday.

Carrie said...

greta card..love the dp and the easel card!!

thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Jill said...

aww Jack you card is absolutely beautiful I love the soft lilac's and the tilda image thanks for joining us at sweet stampin challenge hugs Jill xx

suezie said...

Love your card (and Magnolia image) plus the colour is so pretty too. TFS at Project Tuesday

stampdiva said...

You are enjoying challenges! Jack you know where I stand on cute (!) but when cute is done as well as you do it then I am in total admiration. Lynne M x

Jodi said...

Such a pretty color choice! Great easel card! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Nancy said...

Beautiful job on the card...and way to go on entering the challenges!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

mariaadams said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge at at PFOP .
Maria x