Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Christmas Countdown Already!

Yep, I've succumbed to the 'C' word, lol. I've made a Christmas Countdown card using two different tutorials. The first tutorial I used was for a Tent card from the Just Magnolia blog and
the second tutorial was for the Christmas Countdown card from Stempeleinmaleins. I used the Magnolia stamp Christmas Edwin and coloured him with Whispers pens, a bit of Sakura Stardust on his wings and some Doodlebug Lily White flock on his hat (oooh I lurve this stuff!). The DP I think is from DoCrafts but I've had it so long I've lost the front page that told me who made it and I could be wrong. I also used some white glitter card and some card that I painted with Azure Sea Aster Starburst Stains, running the top bit through the Cuttlebug using the Snowflake folder. The little snowflakes are also Cuttlebug (Snowflakes 2) and the fibre is from my stash. I made the aperture and the countdown apparatus with trusty Nesties and used some gem brads to hold the wheel in place. Edwin is hung from a little jump ring with a ribbon bow on top.
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under - Christmas in July
Flutterby Wednesday - Fairy, Angel or Butterfly (I think Edwin is an Angel, lol)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Christmas in July
Polka Doodles - Christmas in July

10 comments:

Danni said...

Yup, Edwin is an angel!! Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Jane said...

Now I am panicking! So many Xmas cards about...I'm gonna get left behind!!! This is lovely XX

Karen said...

Oh WOW your card is amazing, I love your countdown!!! Your colouring is amazing, and I love our snowflakes and your bit of "snow" thread!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Lynn said...

Your Magnolia card is soo cute and so very Christmassy too.. Love the background embossing and wheel, now that's very creative :) Lynn xx

Chelsea said...

Your tent card is so pretty! Wow! Love the scene you have created. A beautiful take on the sketch.
Luv,
Chelsea

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

April Rose said...

What a cute, clever card! I love how you combined the tent card with the countdown! Such a beautiful winter scene, too! Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
Hugs,
April

stampdiva said...

This is scary .... C****%%% cards!! No, good for you, plan to stamp out images this weekend to get a start soon. Back to your card - as I always say, cute done to perfection. Lynne x

Annette said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this Edwin stamp & you've created such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Tip Top said...

Beautiful card with a lot of detail! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!