Monday, 28 June 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 24


The Challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers this week is called Inky Fingers. You have to use Inks on your design. YAY! I love inks.
For my card I started by stamping La Plume by Clarity Stamps in Versafine Vintage Sepia and then coloured it with Whispers Pens (using the watercolour method). I then mounted her onto gold card and then a background I had made using Alcohol Inks (Lemonade, Butterscotch, Shell Pink and Copper). The background paper is from K&CO called LJ Letters. On top of the bg paper I added a strip of pink card that I ran through the cuttlebug using the script folder and then inked up with Distress Inks (Tattered Rose and Antique Linen) and then wrapped a ribbon round the strip (curly ends inspired by Vix). The roses are from my stash and the leaves are punched.

8 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Love it Jack, x

Eiglas said...

Gorgeous card Jack!
Great image and colours!
Hugs,
Ei
x

treesawardincrafts said...

Hello Jack, there is so much texture going on in that card. I love the ribbon, and the roses. That image isn't 'alf bad either. Inks scare me a bit, but you have a good example there why not to be scared. Hugs, Teresa xxx

judie said...

This is so brill Jack, I adore it well done hun xx

TwistedWitch said...

Jack this is gorgeous.

Looking forward to working with you over at CCM.

Lin x

craftykitten said...

Hi Jack,
What a fabulous card. You know, in the twelve months I have been blogging I haven't come across anyone else who uses Clarity Stamps - until you!! I have lots of Barbara's stamps and should really use them more. I love what you did with this one here - it's beautiful. I have become a follower now so I can check out more of your work.
Hugs
Dawnx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love the art nouveau image and all the different inks you have used. Thank you for your kind comment on my card, the blue and cream cardstock used on my card has been repeatedly stamped with Memento London Fog ink, as are the sentiments, I hope that this qualifies for entry? Pauline xx

stampdiva said...

Something strange has happened. Did you think I was ignoring you? Anytime I looked at your Blog there was nothing new since way back - I assumed you had given up Blogging but no I have missed all your gorgeous creations!!!! Oh No. Anyway, here at last. This is sumptious - you know this is "my thing" Love it. TFS. Lynne x