Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Mother's Day card


When I was visiting my friend Lucy she reminded me I only had a couple of days to make my Mother in Law a card for Mother's Day. And there I was thinking I had at least another week! So she very kindly let me use all her bits and pieces and this is what I came up with. The large image is a stamp from Artistic Stamper stamped in Sepia Archival ink over a background that I made by brayering Kaleidacolour Baby Powder onto white card. The sentiment was a stamp by Anita stamped in the same Sepia ink onto a scrap of the Kaleidacolour card. The matting layer was made by sponging Broken China Distress Ink onto card. After rummaging through her rather large stamp selection I found a lovely Day-Out Ticket stamp by Crafty Individuals so I used the same ink (Sepia) and stamped it on a left over bit of Kaleidacolour card and wrote and IOU on the back for a day out for my MiL. I made a pocket with yet another scrap of Kaleidacolour card and added a bit of a border Lucy had made with Artistic Stamper Lace Border stamp (hmmmm, can see I really NEED this stamp, lol). Luckily my MiL knows me rather well and knew who her anonymous card was from.

3 comments:

hazel said...

A beautiful Mother's Day card Jack.
xxx Hazel.

stampdiva said...

Beautiful card for your MIL. Lynne x

judie said...

love it Jack its so pretty and feminine she will love it, well done xx