Wednesday, 10 February 2010

As I am planning to visit my sister Steph next week I thought I had better get a move on and make her Christmas Present, lol. She makes her own jewellery and I found this box in a Help the Aged shop which I thought would be perfect as it has a little spiral hanging thingy in it. I decided against painting it as it is quite shabby and I liked that look. I just added paper from K&Co (Vintage Collage Flat Paper) which I edged with Distress Inks (Antique Linen/Weathered Wood) and stamped butterflies (from Clear choice Stamps 20 Best Friends) in Weatherwed Wood onto the paper. Then I cut the butterflies (Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss set) from the same paper and inked with the same inks as before plus Dried Marigold. The flower on the top was made using my collection of flower punches (Woodware, Papershapers, EK Success) and given the same treatment as the butterflies. And of course the leaves are cut using my lovely McGill Thistle punch. Then I searched through my very small stash of beads to find these little ones just to finish it off. I hope she likes it.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

You are clever... this is just wonderful, I bet your Sis will love it, what a great idea, and you matched the paper's brilliantly

Great job Jack, well done you.
x
Vicky

ps. can't comment on card below, can't see the pic, prob's my end not your's...

stampdiva said...

She will love this - anyone would be over the moon to receive such a beautiful gift. Good choice to leave it raw and naked and then embellish - I like this a lot. Lynne x

treesawardincrafts said...

Wow, this is lovely, but don't tell her that you were looking in the help the aged she might tell you she's not that old!

hazel said...

Fantastic altered box Jack, I love how you've done it. xxx Hazel.