I was shown how to do faux metal with a cuttlebug and silver foil and made this piece into a card for a friend. I covered a piece of card with silver foil and then ran it through the bug using the Script folder. Then I rubbed black acrylic paint over the top, let it dry a bit and buffed some of the paint off. Then with a swab of cotton wool I dabbed on StazOn ink in Pumpkin, Vibrant Violet and Cherry Pink. This was then matted onto some black card and then placed on a white card blank. I then stamped the butterfly image (from Craft Individuals) in Black StazOn and coloured it using the three inks I'd used on the foil, matted and layered it on black and silver card and popped it in the middle at a jaunty angle. The little bow at the top I made out of some Christmas ribbon and I stamped the Happy Birthday with silver ink.
Tuesday, 20 October 2009
I had to make a distressed card for a swap and couldn't think what to do. So I did what I always do when I'm stuck and got out my old Craft Stamper magazines for inspiration. I made a square card blank from a piece of dark red card and added a smaller square of greeny/grey. Then I added a square of torn patterned paper (from Classic K by K&Co). I tore a strip of cream card and edged it with Distress Ink (Weathered Wood), tore a thinner strip of patterned paper (again from Classic K) for the centre and then two eyelets through which I threaded a piece of lumpy wool and stuck this strip to one side of the card. The central motif is made by stamping script in Distress Ink Weathered Wood on a piece of cream card, tearing the edges and distressing them, again with Weathered Wood, then I stamped the flowers from Delartful Leo's Plate in Saddle Brown StazOn. I restamped the head of the main fower on cream card, coloured it with Whispers pens and stuck it on top with foam pads. To finish the image I lightly coloured the leaves, stem and other flower with the pens. I think the end result was pretty distressed, LOL
The theme for this week's challenge on Crafty Cardmakers is Autumn with a fabulous prize of La Pashe designs for the lucky winner. My card for the design team was fun to make. I got the idea from an old Craft Stamper magazine. The background is gridwork. The green areas and some of the orange areas are 3D pieces which are coloured and then run through the Cuttlebug (Birds and Swirls and Twig folders). To colour the grid I masked off sections and sponged on Distress Inks in Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I then stamped over these pieces with the same inks using stamps from a SeeD's Set (Leaves) and a fern stamp from a Clear Choice set (20 Leaf stamps). I then went round the grid with a black whispers felt tip pen. The topper was made by sponging Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed on a piece of card for the background and then stamping one of Joanna Sheen's Mushrooms in Saddle Brown StazOn on top and leaves (from the SeeD's set) in Spiced Marmalade. I added a little leaf brad and matted and layered the image on black and then cream card.
Saturday, 10 October 2009
Well, the wedding is finally over and what a fabulous time was had by all. The groom looked very handsome, the bride was so beautiful and even the groom's mother (me) wasn't bad, LOL. I still can't get into my craft room - it's now full of excess paraphernalia including 10,000 silver foil trays, 100 night lights, 1,000,000 silk rose petals - you get the picture. Anyway, I did make this card for my son and his new wife. It's from a pattern in Parchment Magazine (Jan 09) by Julie Roces. I traced the hearts in gold ink and the rest in white ink and coloured the little flowers on the back with felt pens. Now I'm off to Wales for a week of R&R!