Thursday, 12 November 2009

Jewellery Box


My friend Lucy altered a jewellery box recently and it's Gorgeous. So . . . I thought I'd have a go. I got a lovely little box from a Charity shop. Lucky for me it was already lined with black velvet paper and the outside was painted gold. All I had to do was decorate! So I used K&CO papers (Antiquity Flat Paper 12x12 and Antiquity Tan Parchment Flat 12x12), stamped on them with a scroll stamp and butterfly stamps from Crafty Individuals in Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Tattered Rose) and Brilliance Moonlight White and then edged the papers with Weathered Wood and Antique Linen. The papers were a bit fiddly to stick on round the catch and hinges but worth the effort as these were so pretty. I then made a flower by punching out 3 flat flowers with a Woodware punch, stamping on them in Tattered Rose with a Crafty Individuals stamp and then inking them in Dried Marigold and Weathered Wood. I put the flower together, added a bead and then punched some leaves with a McGill punch.

3 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

Wow, you did a terrific job on this. Nobody would ever know that you struggled it is so well done.

Josephine said...

That's gorgeous, Jack. It looks like it should have a really expensive price tag attached.

stampdiva said...

Beautiful Jack. Whoever receives this gift will be over the moon. Lynne