Tuesday, 20 October 2009

So distressed!


I had to make a distressed card for a swap and couldn't think what to do. So I did what I always do when I'm stuck and got out my old Craft Stamper magazines for inspiration. I made a square card blank from a piece of dark red card and added a smaller square of greeny/grey. Then I added a square of torn patterned paper (from Classic K by K&Co). I tore a strip of cream card and edged it with Distress Ink (Weathered Wood), tore a thinner strip of patterned paper (again from Classic K) for the centre and then two eyelets through which I threaded a piece of lumpy wool and stuck this strip to one side of the card. The central motif is made by stamping script in Distress Ink Weathered Wood on a piece of cream card, tearing the edges and distressing them, again with Weathered Wood, then I stamped the flowers from Delartful Leo's Plate in Saddle Brown StazOn. I restamped the head of the main fower on cream card, coloured it with Whispers pens and stuck it on top with foam pads. To finish the image I lightly coloured the leaves, stem and other flower with the pens. I think the end result was pretty distressed, LOL

4 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

Oh Jack, I was so please to get this card too. I was waiting until you came back from your holiday to ask how it was done and now I know.

It simply is beautiful. I have learned a lot from the swap, thanks very much for being my partner.

Hugs

Teresa

stampdiva said...

Beautiful card Jack. Lynne M x

Lottie said...

This is really pretty - I adore it - I have been looking through my old magazines today too - and am working on something - may take me a while though

Cath Wilson said...

That's a lovely card, Jack :)