Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Faux Metal


I was shown how to do faux metal with a cuttlebug and silver foil and made this piece into a card for a friend. I covered a piece of card with silver foil and then ran it through the bug using the Script folder. Then I rubbed black acrylic paint over the top, let it dry a bit and buffed some of the paint off. Then with a swab of cotton wool I dabbed on StazOn ink in Pumpkin, Vibrant Violet and Cherry Pink. This was then matted onto some black card and then placed on a white card blank. I then stamped the butterfly image (from Craft Individuals) in Black StazOn and coloured it using the three inks I'd used on the foil, matted and layered it on black and silver card and popped it in the middle at a jaunty angle. The little bow at the top I made out of some Christmas ribbon and I stamped the Happy Birthday with silver ink.

2 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

And you did it great, too, Jack. It's addictive, isn't it?

Lucy x

stampdiva said...

Beautiful card. Lynne Mx