Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Autumn Challenge


The theme for this week's challenge on Crafty Cardmakers is Autumn with a fabulous prize of La Pashe designs for the lucky winner. My card for the design team was fun to make. I got the idea from an old Craft Stamper magazine. The background is gridwork. The green areas and some of the orange areas are 3D pieces which are coloured and then run through the Cuttlebug (Birds and Swirls and Twig folders). To colour the grid I masked off sections and sponged on Distress Inks in Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I then stamped over these pieces with the same inks using stamps from a SeeD's Set (Leaves) and a fern stamp from a Clear Choice set (20 Leaf stamps). I then went round the grid with a black whispers felt tip pen. The topper was made by sponging Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed on a piece of card for the background and then stamping one of Joanna Sheen's Mushrooms in Saddle Brown StazOn on top and leaves (from the SeeD's set) in Spiced Marmalade. I added a little leaf brad and matted and layered the image on black and then cream card.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Gorgeous! I love the stained glass effect you have created! Very nice Autumn card!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful Autumn card. The colours are amazing. Love the centre piece. Lots of time and work gone in to this card!

HUgs

Kimmi x