Thursday, 3 September 2009

Distress Ink Stamping


I loved the card in the August issue of Craft Stamper by Rachel Jackson so I thought I would have a go. I stamped my Distress inks (I used Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Brushed Corduroy and Tattered Rose) onto a piece of tin foil. My first attempt at 'light spritzing' was more like a complete drowning but after a few tries I got something that I was happy with and pressed my toadstool stamp (from Joanna Sheen) into the ink then stamped on Parchment coloured paper. I backed the image with dark brown and then made a tag with lighter brown (see the mistake at the top where I punched the hole in the wrong place and had to add a second!) and then threaded through some fibres.

No comments: