Sunday, 30 August 2009

Two Candles

I discovered how easy it was to decorate candles back in the summer and am thoroughly hooked. I usually give them to friends telling them to remove brads, flowers, ribbons etc before lighting them and then my Sister said 'Can I burn it indoors?' Burn it!!!!! You don't actually burn them, I just say remove the bits for Health and Safety reasons, LOL Anyway, not to be put off by such a cavalier attitude I have made two more which are more of an experiment.


The first one is on a pink candle. I stamped the butterflies (from Clear Choice stamps) in black StazOn on white tissue and coloured them with my brand new, absolutely gorgeous Derwent Inktense pencils. I then added the little flowers and seed heads (from Stamps Away), also with black StazOn. The ribbon round the bottom is from Celebrate. It doesn't show in the photo but I overheated it a bit too much in once place and the wax ran! Memo to self - be more careful in future!!


The second candle was a practice for Christmas candles. I stamped some Crafty Individual images in black StazOn onto red tissue when I was at my friend Lucy's. Then I added it to a red candle. I finished it off simply with organza ribbon from Dovecraft and little 'bling' stars from Paper Mania. I think I shall be doing more of these.

2 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

These candles are stunning, and anyone would be delighted to have one for Christmas. I particularly love the butterflies, and the way you have coloured them with your new Inktense pencils.

stampdiva said...

Agree with Lucy. Stunning. The candle I received for my birthday is such a treasure. Lynne x