Wednesday, 12 August 2009

OMG was this my idea!!!


I had to set some themes for card swaps and I don't know what came over me but I decided on an All White card! You could only use silver or gold as highlights - NO OTHER COLOURS!!!! What was I thinking, lol. Anyway, this is what I came up with. I cut and folded a piece of A4 white linen card to make a 14cm square card then cut a smaller piece of white card and ran it through the Cuttlebug Swirls and Curls folder. Then I got a nice piece of white vellum and stamped and embossed the dragonfly (free stamp with Craft Stamper) with white embossing powder. It would have been better if I had had detailed white EP but I didn't (something to add to my rather large shopping list, lol). I then attached it with 4 small silver brads from my stash and added a piece of Organza ribbon and three white silk roses (also from my stash). So there you go, not as difficult as I thought it was going to be.

4 comments:

TeresaW said...

This is brilliant Jack, I love it. It would do well as a thank you card or bridal card. Lovely.

Josephine said...

That's lovely, Jack. It seems like a hard thing to do, but if you've got some textures (like you have) it can work beautifully, and look really classy.

Vixykins said...

Ha! Yes it bloody was lol! You've done a fab job wioth yours!

Made by Mandy said...

Hi Jack,

I have left an award for you on this post.

Circle of Friends Award