Saturday, 29 August 2009

My first canvas


This my very first attempt at decorating a canvas. My good friend Lucy showed me how to do this when I visited her on Wednesday. I coloured the canvas with Brilliance inks in Sky Blue, Coral and Jade. Then I stamped the Crafty Individual Butterfly Lady in Azure StazOn onto tissue paper, masked the image (my first attempt at this too) and overstamped the Crafty Individual flower background in Dove Grey StazOn. I stuck the tissue onto the canvas with Modge Podge. I found the Dove Grey flowers almost disappeared so I added Crafty Individual butterflies in Teal and Cherry Pink around the edges. I found the beautiful feather butterfly in my stash and it was perfect, so on it went, and then lots of Mulberry flowers, adding turquoise half pearls from Paper Mania to the flowers, butterfly and lady. I hung the canvas in the window to photograph it because I like the effect of the light through the centre of the canvas.

3 comments:

Janet said...

You've matched your flowers to your canvas perfectly! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This has turned out so beautifully, your colour choices, and the translucent effect against the light! Perfection!

stampdiva said...

I cannot believe this is your first canvas Jack. It certainly will not be your last as it is such a great surface to work on. Love those flowers. You always have the most gorgeous flowers. Lynne x